UI Director Mountain View, CA
My name is Nikki and thank you for visiting my page!
I'm a passionate UI Director at Playco that strives for innovation and intuitive design. Nothing drives me more than designing fun, interactive gameplay for players young and old, casual or hardcore.
A little more about me: I'm from Los Angeles, California and moved up to the Bay Area in 2008 to study Web Design/New Media at the Academy of Art University. I'm a huge video game geek and craftaholic of doggy accessories and plushies.
Check out my LinkedIn!
May 2021 – Present
• Manage the day-to-day operational tasks of the UI/UX team across different product platforms, including intake, work assignment and progress.
• Mentor and lead the UI/UX design team by providing high level feedback through various product stages
• Collaborate with product and design leadership to shape product roadmaps and requirements
Lead UI/UX Designer
July 2020 – May 2021
• Conceptualize and create wireframes, user flows and UI game deliverables
• Provide mentorship to senior members of the UI/UX to ensure products maintain a high level of quality and polish.
• Collaborate with a cross functional team of developers, game designers, and artist to create fun and engaging instant games
Lead UI/UX Designer
Game Closure Inc
April 2017 – July 2020 • Mountain View, CA
• Create end-to-end user-flow mockups, low-fidelity wireframes to high-fidelity designs for live ops and new product features
• Develop graphics and promotional materials for new game content releases
• Collaborate directly with engineering, production, game design, art teams, and stakeholders to deliver final products from pre-production to release
• Prototype new interface designs of existing games to further improve user interactions
Senior UI/UX Designer
January 2013 – April 2017
• Create visual wireframes, flash mockups and prototypes to ensure high quality usability/function of flows through iteration and testing
• Conduct regular internal and external usability research and tests for new game
• Collaborate with production, engineering, game design, and art teams to create and implement flows, assets, transitions, and animations in XCode and OpenGL
• Support weekly content cadences on live games while still maintaining milestone deliveries on internally created titles
February 2012 – September 2012 • San Francisco, CA
• Created flows, art, and designs for the company webpage/mobile app
• Maintained and updated community presence via social media outlets
March 2010 – February 2012 • San Francisco, CA
• Maintained continual UI updates through feature updates on multiple titles
• Led a team of 3 UI artists to deliver fun and intuitive designs
• Delivered weekly UI art assets for community and growth teams
Knight Lights Events
April 2008 – March 2010 • San Francisco, CA
• Managed the creative designs of company brochures, business cards, logos, posters,
and advertising pamphlets
• Created visuals via photo manipulation, color correction, retouching of company images
Academy of Art University
BFA in Web Design and New Media
2008 – 2012 • San Francisco, CA
Synergy Promotions Blu Ice Entertainment Knight Lights Events Hasbro Disney AMC Networks
Web Design UI Design Adobe CS Graphic Design Mobile Game Development
Adobe Photoshop Adobe Flash Adobe Illustrator Adobe Premiere Adobe After Effects Pixate Balsamiq Xcode